My Silvia s15 took a good beating @ the rosmalen Demo. So with the next demo coming up on the 21th of march I had to repair some bodywork.
I also hated the way the body sat on the chassis. Especially when a lot of people take a lot of film and photo’s it really irritates me that I couldn’t pay more attention to it.
But the problem seemed to be very easy. I had to ream the holes a little bit more so there was no tension in the body anymore. It sits just fine now.
Also the front was a big mess. Couldn’t find another way to repair the bumper, so I’ve cutted out the middle of it. So the intercooler has more fresh and cool air to breathe:)
Also I had to repair a lot of cracks in the rear end of the s15 since i’ve kissed a lot of curbs with it’s fat ass :P. I wanted to give the body that extra drifter style look, so I’ve drilled a couple of holes around the teared up parts and sowed them back together. Pretty realistic don’t you think??
Here are some pics of the work done today.
Next up events:
Emac competition day with drift demo
Next up work:
Finishing the Toyota Supra
Today we are gonna drift on our first meeting together as a team!
We will put some pictures and films up on the blog for you all to see how our day was!
We have two cams onboard and I hope this will make some nice vid’s!!!
Since the carshow in Rosmalen is comming up, I decded to clean up my TA05R. And it was much needed, beceause the chassis was quite dirty. Also i found some loose screws, and fixed my front CVD’s.
Refitted the electronics, and now its ready to drift. I hope it runs smoothly again!
(don’t mind the way the electronics are fitted, I need tot fix that up a bit)
Here are some photo’s of the cleaned chassis:
I heard most of you guys would bring an Silvia S15 body, I ‘finished’ mine. It was bought 2nd hand, but in a bad shape. The it had a few tears in the front, the stickers that where on it came loose, and the buckets were badly painted. So I fixed up the front, repainted the buckets, and removed the original stickers. I added some of my own stickers, to give it that ‘drifty’ look. I hope you like it!
Some photos of the process, and the finished product:
Sorry for the bad pictures, but the cameras battery’s were nearly empty, and its raining outside.
Thanks for watching!