Since my wife is pregnant for about nine months now, I thought it was nice to make a shelfqueen for my son’s bedroom.
I’ll try to give you a walk through the project
At first I didn’t know what color it had to be, but it’s pretty obvious that it should be blue….
Right from the start I measured out a Rockstar star on the roof. This was going to be the second color of the car, grey.
Because my Pro4 is my backup chassis i wanted a new esc for my Cyclone so i don’t need to switch the esc everytime i want/need to drift my Pro4.
So i bought a Hobbywing Justock (Here: Link). For it’s price it has some nice specs, sensor port, updatable firmware and it’s small.
Also i updated my chassis because i never liked the way the lipo’s are mounted on normal chassis. Used a spare cyclone lowerdeck that i had laying around and some parts from R2hobbies.
Only tested the new setup once at a battle (Not much driving time) and so far it felt the same as before.
Next step will be a countersteer setup 🙂
Last weekend Tizer and me went to the last round of D1:10 in Naaldwijk.
I don’t remember were we ended but wil post that later when the results are online.
Will ofcourse also link all the photos and video’s if someone has them.
Here is how my competition body ended (added the Rogue Status stickers on the roof couple days before the round):
Because this weekend we have another meeting i updated and cleaned my Cyclone a bit.
Added a little more lock (still with alot of ackermann :P) and also upgraded the servo to a Hitec 5965MG.
Servo upgrade wasn’t necessary but had it laying around and the S3001 didn’t center (only annoying when going straight but ok :P). Also i ordered a new esc, but don’t think i will receive it this week and have some new plans for my Cyclone =).
So in my previous Cyclone project post i said i bought a complete cyclone as well.
I received it like this a week or so later:
It was really dirty (already saw that in the auction pictures 😛 ) so i took it appart:
I really didn’t expect it in such a good shape for what i paid. No stripped screws or damaged belts/pulleys or whatsoever. It was only very dirty (think it has been in storage for a long time).
After cleaning it looked like this:
Sorry for the crappy picture 😛
Tested it last Thursday (Practice Days – Day 1 vid) and Sunday (D1:10, rcdrifting competition).
I was surprised how it behaved, i couldnt tell the difference between my pro4’s and the cyclone 😀
Monday i cleaned it again (I hate chalk lines 😛 ) and also cleaned up the wiring:
Sorry for the lack of any Countersteer setup but i’m waiting for a 10t TDS pulley.
Because i never liked how RC cars drifted i really wanted a chassis with countersteer mod as soon as i first saw it.
I first wanted to mod my Pro4 hara or TC4 for countersteering but the gears that i could use are 30 euro’s without shipping and they don’t even fit without serious modding.
And i really don’t like to spend that kind of money on some lousy gears that probably will fail fast because they need to mesh precise….
Because belt drive chassis are easier to mod for countersteering i started to look for a cheap Hotbodies Cyclone (Because it shares parts with the Pro4). Wanted to keep it as cheap as possible because the place were we drive every friday night (Club night were Reinier,Dennis and me drive) is probably to slippery and unpredictable for countersteering so it won’t be used as much as my Pro4’s.
A couple weeks ago i bought a Cyclone parts lot to start with.
As soon as i opened the package i saw this:
Bulkheads weren’t broken when they left the previous owner…
After stealing some parts from the pro4 that i had for sale, the cyclone looked like this:
A couple days later Tijs (Tizer) send me a link from Tamiyaclub with a HPI chassis lot (Owner didn’t know what he had) and one of those chassis was a Cyclone TC.
The price for both chassis was what i wanted to spend for the cyclone alone!
Ofcourse i bought it as fast as i could 😛
Will post more of this project later!